July 24, 2010

Home painting projects...

While on vacation at my little cottage I did some painting and wanted to show you the before and afters...the back door, a window and an old stove all got some 'perking up' from me, with 'Amarillo' yellow paint from True Value...above is the door before...

And the door after...I painted it all white last summer...

The window before...oops, got a quick photo right after I started the painting...

The window after...I don't think I need curtains now...it looks better in person...these photos don't do it justice. There is a closet on the other side of the room that has yellow inserts I painted last summer so now the eye can 'rest' somewhere on this side of the room (see 'cottage sitting room' for the closet pic on my blog) -

Ok, I am on a major budget and have this hideous old stove...so, instead of removing it I put some contact paper on last summer which concealed the oven door or the 'big black hole' as I call it...

I wanted to pick up the yellow in the room, so I redid it using this paper and it does look better if a little 'Rube Goldberg-ish'...but it was a good way to cover the old thing...

This is a shot taken from a sitting position on the floor in front of the stove...!

So, that's it for my little project done in the air conditioning, as it was very hot a couple of weeks ago, as it still is. I have a chair to paint and need to get a couple of bureaus painted this summer too...when I do, I will share the before and afters. Hope you all are having a great weekend!!

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

0 comments:

Post a Comment