December 20, 2010

Design tips for your home...

Country Living has been a bit of an inspiration for me this month and I wanted to share a great idea for those of you who, like me, may have a rather ugly Tempur-pedic like mattress. I have tried the dust ruffle, but it just won't stay in place because the mattress is so heavy. The ruffle ends up all mangled, so, when I saw this brilliant idea, I just can't wait to try it:

Don't neglect your mattress - why not cover it with a fitted sheet??? why didn't I think of this? What a great idea!  Now, I'm on the lookout for a blue and white sheet...

The Beekman residence again and, this time, the hallway is decorated with a large decorative glass jar filled with branches and little decorations. I know its been done before, but, I like the way it looks and seems easy to do...

The Chicago house of Lisa and Dan Tiemann is beautifully simple and I love the way Lisa took twig wreaths and spray painted them gold for a really beautiful effect.  You can do this year round or just at the holidays and you could try different colors.


How about dressing your chairs up with angel's wings? Such a creative and unique way to decorate your dining room...for more inspiration go here -

I hope you have a great week - see you here next time!

(Beekman residence images by Lucas Allen)
(Tiemann residence images by Laura Moss)

If you would like your home to reflect your ideas and unique vision, contact me and we can work together to make your dream come true. Please send inquiries to monacointeriors76@yahoo.com - I would love to assist you with any project large or small! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment