January 19, 2013

Best of MI...Dear Design Diary...design match

BEST OF MI...January 2011

Welcome!  How are you doing on this winter Saturday?  Still doing my Best of series and today I want to know if you like matching wallpaper to curtains and fabrics? Would you do this in your home? Do you like the look or do you prefer different patterns? Lots of questions so please take a look and let me know!! Have a great weekend!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////




What do you think about matching patterns of wallpaper and curtains or furniture fabrics and wallpaper? Do you like it? I rounded up some photos to see the effect and I think it can be quite stunning depending on the patterns or colors.  A couple of the pictures you have seen here recently by Windsor Smith...

I love this bedroom - it gives this room importance to a stunning effect...

I quite like this as well...the pretty pattern in soft gray adds drama to the dining room...
(images Victoria Pearson; Design Windsor Smith)


The curtains match the bedspread here...
(image Thomas Loof; Design Susan Ferrier)

The curtain blends in with the wallpaper...
(image Jonny Valiant; Design Allison Caccoma)

The bed fabrics blend here with the wallpaper...
(image Frances Janisch; Designer Meg Braff)

Is this something you have done in your own home or for clients? Do share! and has the client been happy with the result?

(images and designs as noted above)

Do you love the way your home looks? If not, contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com to create new space that makes you happy.  I am accepting online projects both large and small.

9 comments:

  1. I think I like more variety in my design, although I like the idea of the chair covering coordinating with the wall paper. Pulled away from the wall and up to the table - I bet it could be very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenline Architects is a team of Best and Experienced Architects who provide a range of consultancy varying from Luxury Homes to Affordable Row Houses, Commercial, Institutional, Interior, Platting and Landscape to Factory and Vastu designing.

    Projects, Interior, Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog while searching for the updates on interior designing, I am happy to be here. Very useful content and also easily understandable providing... Believe me I did wrote a post about tutorials for beginners with reference of your blog.
    Interior Design Courses In Chennai
    BSC Interior Design Colleges in Bangalore
    Fashion Designing Courses In Bangalore
    Photography Courses In Chennai
    Fashion Designing Colleges In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this information with us. It was indeed very helpful and insightful while being straight forward and to the point.
    Best Interior Designers
    home interiors in chennai
    Commercial interior designers in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a regular reader of your blog and being students it is great to read that your responsibilities have not prevented you from continuing your study and other activities. Love
    interior designers in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really amazing blog. Thanks a lot for sharing. The most excellent interior designers in Pune will collaborate with you to create rooms that properly reflect your unique taste and way of living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cool designs of bedsheets. I really loved this. Thank a slot for giving us an idea of a new bedsheet design. Now it's time to avail taxi milwaukee for more information.

    ReplyDelete