October 28, 2010

Budget makeover 101...

I seriously need to update my bedroom and have a few ideas...I want to do this on a budget - under $150 so this is my challenge. The bedroom is blue and white with a touch of orange...I moved the rug in the above pic to the bedroom a month ago, so it sits on top of a neutral carpet.

I would like to replace my blue checked curtains for something more geometric and modern...perhaps orange or blue??

I have a bureau I bought from a neighbor's yard sale for $3 - it is blue and white, but its kind of a mess - a mishmash of color...(not the above bureau, this is a soft shabby chic pink) -

I fell in love with the Sherwin Williams paint (Harmony 'Rejuvenate) in Tobi Fairley's green room she recently designed (I featured it last week)...so, I am thinking of painting the bureau this color...

I spotted similar lamps to these in Marshall's...:)

Or, I could paint the bureau this lovely turquoise on the desk above...I can't decide...I have Van Gogh's famous painting of his bedroom with an orange bed above my bed, so I would like to add orange elsewhere in the room...

What do you think? should the bureau be orange or turquoise? should I find some turquoise curtains for the windows? Or keep the blue and white checked curtains? I would love to hear what you all think...have a great day!

(original 3 images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)
(last 3 images courtesy Traditional Home)

1 comment:

  1. orange!!! i'm thinking dark orange, almost like hot chili pepper red :)

    I love the carpet! hope you are doing great.
    Tiina

    ReplyDelete