October 26, 2010

Melissa Rufty of MMR Interiors...

I first saw Melissa Rufty's (of MMR Interiors) work in House Beautiful and was reminded of her work again on Courtney Barnes'  Style Court blog.  So, when I visited her website, I was blown away. Her work is so sophisticated, fresh and stylish and yet, so comfortable and livable. The living room above reminds me of one of my favorite designers who also happens to practice in New Orleans, Hal Williamson.

Where to begin - the settee, table, yellow curtains, zebra pillows or the paintings?

This fabric is delicious and the black and white pillows are an unusual color choice...

Whoa! what a treat it would be to just wash your hands in here!!

I love the sublimely sophisticated tones and fabrics here...

Another favorite...love the blue color and zebra print chair...

Beautiful mix of colors and patterns...

This room is gorgeous - the blue sofa is perfect as the focal point, with the yellow draperies and punctuation of reds and metal textures...

For more beauty and inspiration, go here - enjoy! All her rooms seem to have a touch of the exotic and global influence which makes them so interesting. I would love to have her do my whole house! Do you have a favorite room? Do you like Melissa's mix of fabrics, colors and textures?

(images courtesy mmrinteriors.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment