April 18, 2011

The perfect curtains...

I have been searching for months for the perfect curtains for my bedroom. I already have great curtains, but they are old and I would like to update the room with new window treatments. I am looking for a blue and white pattern with cotton mix, or 100% cotton. So far, IKEA is the only store that has anything remotely similar to what I'm looking for, in excellent price ranges. Other options are big box stores like KMart, Wal-Mart or Target. Oh, and I don't want to spend a fortune!! 

The current blue and white check curtains...


IKEA Bomull tie backs for $19.99 per pair...(100% cotton)

IKEA Gronska Prickar at $12.99 per pair...little blue and white polka dots - LOVE! I think these are winning...love the color and pattern...and the price! (70% poly/30% cotton)


IKEA Henny curtains for $39.99 per pair has matching bed textiles - these were initially my first choice...I could get the other Henny products to go with these. (58% cotton/42% linen)



Close-up of the Henny curtains...



IKEA's Lummig curtain rod set for $14.99 in white or black...something simple...


IKEA certainly offers great pricing and I love that they sell curtains in pairs, not per panel. Another option would be IKEA's simple white canvas blinds and forgo the curtains. I only have 2 windows to cover, but it is very tricky finding the right patterns and colors.  An important note is that one window is close to a wall, so I have to be careful what curtain rods I choose. What do you think? Any preference or suggestions?

Hope you have a great Monday!!


(images me and Ikea.com)

Do you need help decorating your space? I can assist with any space so please contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com to discuss your unique ideas and plans for your home.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah--thanks for your feedback on my little design project! As for the program I use, I'm super-embarrassed to say that its nothing more than an old version of CorelDraw......so ancient, but it works for pasting images and creating a composition, etc. I did go to that site you suggested, and it looks like a FABULOUS way to put together a moodboard. Thank YOU for that tip! Good luck finding something that works for you, and I'll keep you posted if I find anything else that works as good as my good ol' Corel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prints are lovely! I adore the simplicity. Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! thanks for the info and I think you will love Olioboard too...!

    ReplyDelete