May 30, 2011

Grace Kelly...style icon...

Before Kate and Diana, Grace Kelly was the style icon of the 1950's. Becoming Princess of Monaco only enhanced her worldwide status as a fashion icon and here, I highlight two looks before she was married.  A friend of mine saw the Grace Kelly exhibit in London last year and sent me a couple of books about her. 

Grace is modeling a cocktail dress with her mother looking on...she loved clothes and  shopping for new things, but liked her old clothes as they were so comfortable...

I love this photo - it's so 50's...the loafers, jeans and button down shirt - still in style  and still looks great today...

(images by me from Grace Kelly Icon of Style to Royal Bride by H. Kristina Haugland)

Follow me on TWITTER and FACEBOOK too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment