July 11, 2011

Painting project...before and after...

I spent the long weekend of July 4th working on a couple of projects. One is a chair that I only had time to get primer on...so I still need to paint and recover with new fabric and I will show photos of this later in July. The other project I completed is a room that was blue and doesn't get a lot of sunlight in it, so I decided to paint it 'Honied White' by Sherwin Williams. I read that this is a great color for north facing or dark rooms that you want to paint white, but a warm white. Well, the pictures don't really tell the whole story because this room is now instantly brighter, warmer and seems bigger. I always thought the blue was a little too dark for it.





This photo really shows the warmth of the white...it is a creamy white...






The light is so weird in the room, it was hard to take pix to accurately show the change in the color. I hope you can see it.

Have a great day!!

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

If you need help changing or designing a space, please contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com to find out how I can assist you.

1 comment: