August 1, 2011

New before and after...

I have had this chair for years and it has been hideous for years! A red-brown color with a seat cover that looked like a dish towel. Well, it was time to get this chair looking great with a little paint and new fabric. I was going to use some leftover Maine Cottage fabric, but decided to use my own fabric that I designed and made with Spoonflower (go here for more information).  So here is the transformation:

The Before:


The fabric looks like a dish towel!


First coat of primer...
 
First coat of Benjamin Moore white...
 

The After:

Blue and yellow fabric...

With yellow check pillow...


Such an easy project and makes the furniture look brand new - why buy expensive chairs? I always check out my local Goodwill and consignment shops for pieces I can repurpose don't you?  I have bought tables and chairs for $5 - $25 and transformed them. It is such a great way to add new color to a room for virtually no money - paint, brushes and primer can be purchased at stores like Wal-Mart, Sears, Home Depot, Big Lots - I go to Big Lots for my brushes, pans and painters tape saving me $$$.  What projects are you working on?

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

Do you need help transforming furniture or your home? Please contact me as I am available for local design projects and for those who live anywhere else in the country or world, I offer three different VirtualDecor packages. For more information, contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com.



0 comments:

Post a Comment