March 31, 2010

The Orange Lamps Part 2...

Well, it happened...do you remember the orange lamps I was stalking? well, after my third visit back to the store, I caved, I bought, I spent $$...my crush on them just wouldn't let up. So, here they are in my bedroom next to the bed (either side) - this is just a shot of one of the lamps...aren't they gorgeous???


Over the bed hangs a print of Van Gogh's 'La Chambre de L'Artiste' with an orange bed ---pulling the colors together when you look at the wall...

On another wall is a print of 'Costume Design in Film' from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and blue and white checked curtains...the room had too much blue and I wanted to add the complementary color (orange) to give it some 'oomph.' Mission accomplished.
Anyone else like blue and orange together? its quite a nice, livable combo.

(images by Sarah for Monaco Interiors)

0 comments:

Post a Comment