October 5, 2010

That de Cardenas touch...

Love at first sight...again...I just got my October Elle Decor issue with the Rafael de Cardenas-designed apartment of Anthony Edwards and Jeanine Lobell (of Stila Cosmetics) and well, I'm speechless.  Anne Harwell recently featured some of these pics on her blog 'Annechovie' and I just had to post these as well, including his previous work (which I posted last spring) for model Jessica Stam. His work is so creative, fun and incredibly vibrant. I love his use of purple as we will see...above is the living room with the signature purple and vintage chairs...oh and don't miss that translucent pale green glass chandelier - it is a perfect punctuation mark for the entire room -

The Dining Room features wallpaper by Secondhand Rose, which the designer used in the Stam apartment as seen below...

The entry foyer with Venetian plaster walls in hot pink! wow! what a way to enter a home! and I love the mid-century modern looking 60's Brazilian credenza...its easy to see that Rafael used to be a fashion and production designer...he mixes styles and colors so effortlessly.

Wow! do you like these green cabinets? I'm still debating, but they are painted in Benjamin Moore's 'Bright Lime'

I think this is my favorite area...the pale green rug paired with the gorgeous chairs upholstered in Designers Guild fabric.  The rugs are Chinese Art Deco...love it all!


Here is the Jessica Stam apartment I featured a few months ago that I fell in love with...here is more wallpaper from 'Secondhand Rose' with another glass chandelier - gorgeous -

This photo is a little dark, but it is mostly purple, like the Edwards' living room with vintage chairs again...I loved the way Rafael used purple curtains to match the wall color...

A vintage chaise with gorgeous the wallpaper again...

I hope you have enjoyed these pics - do you have a favorite? do you like de Cardenas' style? or is it all too much with colors you couldn't live with? or do you LOVE it???

(images for Elle Decor by William Waldron)
(Interior Design by Rafael de Cardenas)

0 comments:

Post a Comment