December 27, 2013

Fabulous Fabric Friday...Ralph Lauren...


I hope everyone had a great week celebrating Christmas.  I had a pang of nostalgia for my old column (Fabulous Fabric Fridays) which I ran faithfully for a couple of years.  I have been blogging so long now, it all seems a blur.  

I stopped in a Calico store yesterday and saw these Ralph Lauren fabrics up close and immediately wanted to design a room around them. Preferably in an English country house or in a suburban New Jersey home - who cares?  Of course dark wood, fireplaces, brandy snifters, velvet, Wellies, deer heads, tigers and tweed come to mind and it takes me away to the Scottish Highlands or Devon (my favorite).  The quintessential library or game room would be the best place for this style.  This could all be equally fabulous in a bedroom or living room without all that ambiance don't you think?  Super inspiring fabrics! I added some furniture to the mix.  Have a great weekend!


For the English Country house, I have added some furniture from Home Decorators Collection to complement the fabrics:: 






Maldives Coffee Table $399.00


Maharaja Nesting Tables $199.00




Custom Greenwich Sofa $1299.00

Porter Armchair $699.00


The English Country House fabrics to cover the chairs, sofas and windows:

Hillcliff Plaid Moss $200.20/yd

Serengeti Linen Zebra Mahogany $116/yd

Kingsbridge Original $255.20/yd

Aragon Original $261.80/yd

Leighton Hunt Olive $81.40/yd

Maya Silk Original $123.20/yd





Do you like the English style? 
Which is your fave?



I will do a digital moodboard for you that won't cost
the earth. Please contact me at monacointeriors76@yahoo.com
for more information.





1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the plaids and Ralph - well it goes without saying!!! My son asked for a feather bed and duvet cover for Christmas, so now we're on the hunt for bedding at the January White Sales… Ralph Lauren is my favorite, but I think we will have to settle for a cheaper line.

    ReplyDelete