October 20, 2013

Top 8 living rooms...

Hello Bloggers!  I have compiled a list of my picks for the top 8 living rooms.  Please keep in mind these are only my choices and I know there are thousands of living rooms out there that deserve inclusion, but, courtesy of House Beautiful, my choices have lots of similarities as you will discover.  What makes a great room? Color? Texture? Balance? All of the above? Which is your favorite and why?

How is your weekend going?  I spent the day yesterday out in the New Jersey countryside, yes, New Jersey has fabulous country, at the Far Hills Race Meeting.  It is a steeplechase horse racing event on grass for charity and didn't disappoint. Lots of tailgate parties, tweed, wellies and wine to go with it.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!


White walls, leggy furniture, pop of color with soft reds, rustic beams
design by Jason Bell; image Simon Upton

White walls, leggy French furniture, natural rug, gold
accents, crystal chandelier - neutral and stunning
image by Bjorn Wallander

White walls, natural rug, leggy furniture, gorgeous pop of pink
design by Jonathan Berger; image Francesco Lagnese

One of my top two!  white walls, pop of yellow and blue,
striped black & white floor, star chandelier
design by Ginger Barber; image Victoria Pearson

White walls, curtains, rug, pops of colors - blue and orange, zebra
chair, gold accents
design by Melissa Warner; image Victoria Pearson


White/creamy walls, natural rug, leggy French chairs, metal tables,
lots of gold, LOVE that sofa
design by Dana Lyon; image Reed Davis

White walls, animal rug, white chairs, leggy tables, bust,
hint of gold in the pillow, black & white
design by Stephen Shubel;  image Luca Trovato


MY FAVORITE:
Design by Hal Williamson
Image John Kernick


Mauve walls, leggy French furniture, gold
accents, natural blinds, silky curtains, crystal chandelier

I LOVE French and Swedish furniture
in this type of room - it always looks
beautiful and adds 'legs' -

See any similarities?  I do - lots of white, animal
accessories, gold accents, natural elements,
pops of color, symmetry in some of the rooms;
my favorite room has mauve walls, but I could
see them with a soft white as well - this room is perfect to
me.  The crystal, the gold and the furniture are 
just wonderful; I only wish I could see the front of 
the sofa!!  I have studied this room ad nauseam and I never
tire of it.  Great design should never be tiresome, it 
should always be inspiring.  

With that said, I am available for e-design from anywhere
in the world - please visit my 'Services' page for information-
I am flexible as well, depending upon the project or work
needed.  

Do you have a favorite room from this list? Please let
me know which one and why in the comments below!

Also please visit my Pinterest Boards and
my Whites and Neutrals Board in particular 
for more inspirational rooms-





0 comments:

Post a Comment